Posted on March 29th, 2018
When you are researching a contractor to work on your heating and cooling equipment, we know that you have a choice. That’s why we have chosen to be different, and to offer exceptional value at an affordable price. Besides being named best in the valley for the last three years, here are ten reasons that we hope you will trust us to maintain and care for your heating and cooling equipment.
1 – Exceeding Expectations. We go above and beyond to give our customers the best experience with Western. Our technicians look for extra ways to serve you and your family.
2 – Integrity and Trust. Our company is built on these values. We are always honest and we work hard to do the right thing. We never compromise our integrity.
3 – Happy Customers. Don’t take our word for it – we have over 1,000 online reviews from happy customers. Visit WesternHeatingAir.com to read them!
4 – Monument Savings Club. Our Monument Savings Club members are like family! They receive VIP service, discounted repairs, regular maintenance which extends the life of their system, and our very best pricing. Join the club and save!
5 – Old Fashioned Values. We conduct business by always adhering to our company’s mission and values.
6 – National Best Practices. We belong to national best practice organizations to make sure we continually improve our service for our customers.
7 – Local and National Awards. We have won the Best of Utah Valley for three years straight, along with several national awards, including the Service World Woman of the Year award in 2016.
8 – Exceptional Value, Fair Price. Our pricing is fair and we go above and beyond to provide exceptional value for our customers. We take time to educate customers on their equipment and provide energy saving tips.
9 – Treat You Like Family. Our customers are like family – and family deserves the best!
10 – Available 24 Hours. We are available 24 hours a day to help with your heating and cooling needs. Call us day or night at 801-375-COOL and our friendly office staff will address your needs.
Have you experienced service from Western Heating & Air Conditioning? If you haven’t yet, don’t hesitate!
Schedule a Pre-Season A/C Tune-Up online or call us today!
Posted on March 22nd, 2018
For some climates, you need to leave your heat on from October to April (or May!). For others, summers are brutal and for health reasons, your air conditioner should stay on. In most cases, though, there are times where leaving your equipment running is optional. The question is: should you?
Reasons to leave your system running:
1) You don’t have to wait for the temperature to reach where you want it. Your home will be a consistent temperature throughout the day with more opportunity to even out throughout the house.
2) During summer, your air conditioner takes care of humidity as well as heat. Leaving it on keeps your humidity within reasonable limits and doesn’t overburden the unit if you leave it off for a long time then put it on.
3) You may be tempted to turn off the heat to save energy on a mild winter day, or if you’ll be away for a while. This can lead to frozen pipes if the temperature drops unexpectedly. Leaving it running keeps your home safe from too-low temperatures. Turn down your thermostat to a minimum of 50F to save on energy without the risk of freezing.
4) Forced air systems have the option of running the fan continuously, even when heating or cooling isn’t required. This circulates the air continuously, passing it through the filters and improving indoor air quality.
5) Another reason to have your fan run continuously is to provide better temperature distribution throughout your home. Constant air movement mixes air throughout your home. This prevents stagnant air pockets from forming and giving you unpleasant hot or cold spots.
Reasons to shut it down:
1) While your system draws more electricity during ramp up, it also consumes more power if left on 24/7. Leaving your system running continuously results in more energy consumption overall.
2) Most residential air conditioning systems use a refrigerant. Peak efficiency for these units is close to full load. So when the air conditioner is working hard to lower your home’s temperature, its efficiency is high. If you leave on the air conditioner to maintain your home’s temperature, the unit’s efficiency falls. Ultimately this adds to your summer energy bills.
3) You’ll see quicker wear and tear on parts. This translates into higher maintenance costs and a shorter lifespan.
4) When your fan runs continuously, it passes more air through the filters. Because your filter is taking care of more air, it clogs faster and needs replacing sooner.
Whether or not you decide to run your A/C or Heating equipment continuously, you need it working well. Give us a call at 801-375-COOL to make sure your unit is at peak performance!
Posted on March 15th, 2018
Being able to simply turn on the cool or warm air in your home is ideal to help keep you comfortable. With spring right around the corner, it’s important to take the proper care of your HVAC system so that it will take care of you as necessary.
There are specific things you should do with each change of season during the year. Knowing tips for maintaining your HVAC system when spring is arriving and winter is ending are sure to help keep it functioning well for you.
1. Unclog the Condenser Coils
It’s important to keep your unit well-maintained at all times. One of the common areas that may get overly dirty and can cause problems for your HVAC system is with your condenser coils. These are on the exterior unit and are subject to a great deal of debris which can cause them to clog up in the winter.
This is a job that you may be capable of doing on your own by just clearing any weeds, leaves or other debris that may have formed on your condenser coils.
2. Check the Condenser Bin
It’s important for your HVAC unit to have the right amount of moisture, but not too much. You can gauge the amount of this by looking underneath your unit that sits outside and checking the condenser bin. This item should be damp, but not overflowing with water. If there is too much moisture, you may need to rely on the expertise of an HVAC professional.
Why Get Preventative Maintenance?
Annual maintenance on your HVAC equipment is so beneficial to the life of your equipment. It will last longer, and run more efficiently, thus saving you money and unnecessary repairs in the future. A certified, professional technician can help you identify problems before they start.
Don’t wait until the weather is steaming hot to ensure you air conditioning is running properly. Simply schedule an appointment with a one the trusted, professional technicians at Western Heating and Air Conditioning to check and fix any repairs that may need doing. When you partner with us, we guarantee your satisfaction.
You can give Utah’s Most Wanted Techs at Western Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 801-921-5250 or visit us online at www.TimeForComfort.com to learn more. We would love to help!